Today I want to share with you this special and exquisite recipe of my duck magret burgers.
They can not be richer and with the cream of mustard, caramelized onion and a little foie are crazy.
Why don’t we prepare them this Christmas?
Duck burger with mustard cream and caramelized onion
To make steamed buns
- 500 Grs of flour
- 10 Gr salt
- 30 Gr sugar
- 20 GrBaker's fresh yeast
- 1 egg
- 250 ml milk
- 100 Gr Butter
- White Sesame
To make the burgers
- 1 kg Duck Magret
- 30 g grated onion
- 40 g of bread crumbs soaked in milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 kg thick julienned onions
- 150 gr brown sugar
- Salt, laurel and thyme.
- 150 ml olive oil
To prepare the cold mustard cream
- 150 gr Greek yogurt
- 150 gr mascarpone
- 100 gr Dijon mustard
- Black pepper and chopped fresh tarragon
- Fresh foie scallops.
- Sal Maldon
- Preheat the oven to 225 º C.
To prepare muffins
- Mix all ingredients except butter and sesame. Work until the dough has elasticity.
- Then add the butter ointment and knead 3 minutes more.
- Rest the dough covered with a kitchen cloth 1 hour at about 30 º C.
- Once fermented, bowl the dough in portions of 55 GRS and brush the surface with water so that the sesame is glued to the dough.
- Allow to ferment again until the volume is doubled and bake at 225 º C with 70% humidity about 7 minutes. Set aside and reserve.
- To prepare the burgers remove the skin to 2 magret of duck and be left to one.
- Go through the mincing machine with the coarse blade. Mix well with the rest of the ingredients and make burgers of 140 grs/ration.
- Put all the ingredients together in a pot to make the onion less the sugar. Simmer covered. After 15 minutes, uncover and add brown sugar and caramelize. Book to useSlow-plugged. After 15 minutes, uncover and add brown sugar and caramelize. Book until use.
- To prepare the cream mix the yogurt with the mascarpone and the mustard in a bowl and work with the rods until it is creamy. Season and add the chopped tarragon. Reserve on a pastry sleeve until the time of use.
- When it comes to serving, make the burger in a frying pan. Leave it little done, rest.
- Mark a escalope of foie on the plate, season.
- Brown the breads open in half in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
- In one of the halves arrange a spoonful of mustard cream, on this the hamburger, the onion and finish with the foie.
- Serve with a bowl of mustard cream because sure to be put more, is delicious!
Adapted from Iria Castro
Adapted from Iria Castro
Catering Iria Castro http://www.iriacastro.com/