Poke (pronounced “PAH-KAY “) is a traditional Hawaiian dish made with raw fish and served with steamed hot rice. Poke means “cut or slice”, a cube of fresh fish, sushi grade in cubes, marinate them in a simple tasty sauce and serve in a bowl with rice and a lot of dressings.
In this case as I have prepared as an appetizer I served with red endive. It is ideal with any other type of bud…
The dressing is divine and the tuna you know that must be fresh!
- 2spring onions
- 30 ml roasted sesame oil
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 10 g grated fresh ginger
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1tsp . Roasted sesame seeds
- 370 g very cool fresh tuna
- 2 medium-sized avocados
- Gem Lettuce , red endive...
- Lima wedges
- The first thing you should do is the dressing by placing the sesame oil in a large bowl.
- Add almost all the garlic cut into very thin slices and reserve some for the time of serving.
- Add soy sauce, grated ginger, chillie flakes and toasted and untoasted sesame.
- Mix very well and book in the fridge while we cut the tuna.
- Cut the tuna into dice as much as possible and small.
- Do the same with the avocado that must be ripe but firm.
- Mix with the dressing that will be cold.
- Reserve in the fridge until the time to serve.
- Ideally you don't have it in the fridge for more than 10 minutes. It's best to serve it 5 minutes after you've finished it.
- Accompany it with what you like, with the red endive is wonderful!!!