It is the typical cake that you do not expect !!
It is so different from all of them that when you try it you will fall in love with it !!. Its flavor is wonderful, a vanilla and the texture is very special, can you imagine a delicious custard cream?
Well, that is what this cake is, an exquisite crunchy biscuit base with a very fine custard on top. To finish the cake we will put grated nutmeg on top and everyone will cry about how delicious it is!
Serve it with creme fraiche, the combination is perfect!. We all love it!!!
Kisses and happy Sunday afternoon.
- 220g all-purpose wheat flour
- 80g sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 110 g chilled butter cut into small cubes
- a pinch of salt
- 11 large egg yolks
- 105 g sugar
- 1 1/2 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 480 ml heavy cream (creme fraiche or double cream )
- Grated nutmeg to finish
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Mix the sifted flour with the cold butter cubes, the salt and the sugar in a bowl.
- Work the set very well in the kitchen machine with the k or with your fingers until the set is sandblasted. At that time, add the beaten egg and mix very well until you get a fine and smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour before using.
- Roll out the dough with the help of a rolling pin and line the chosen mold.
- My tart mold (see the photo of the cake) was 24 cm in diameter and removable, very important in this type of cake!
- Chill the dough again for 30 minutes in the fridge before baking.
- Arrange greaseproof paper on the base of the cake and weigh it on top (porcelain balls, chickpeas ... what we call blind cooking) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the weight and the paper and leave for 5 more minutes to get the base to brown a little.
- Let cool.
- Prepare the filling by assembling the 11 egg yolks with the sugar with the electric rods or with the robot until they double in volume.
- In a saucepan over the fire, arrange the cream with the vanilla and heat. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT IT DOES NOT BOIL!
- Put the two preparations together with great care so that the texture of the yolks does not go down.
- Lower the oven to 140ºC.
- Pour the cold vanilla creme anglaise over the cold tart cookie and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and grate the nutmeg on the surface and let it rest for 1 hour in the mold.
- Remove from the mold and serve this delicious cake with red berries, creme fraiche ... ideal for a very special occasion!