On weekends I usually prepare some special dessert because at home it is allowed to eat almost everything!
Today we will enjoy a lot with this delicious and original Pavlova. If you dare to make it you will see that the nectarine gives a very special touch.
- 4 large egg whites
- 225 g fine sugar
- 1tbs cornstarch
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 55g sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 4 ripe but firm Nectarines
- 4 tbs Amaretto
- 350 ml double cream
- 1tbs. Vanilla extract
- 4 Chopped Amaretti Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 120 º C.
- On baking paper and with the help of a 20 cm ring, draw the diameter of the ring. Remove the hoop and reserve the measurement to make the pavlova.
- Whisk until the egg whites are mounted in the cooking robot.
- Squeeze them little by little with the sugar, you will have to add the sugar spoonful to spoonful, it is important that the meringue is very well assembled.
- To finish quickly add cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla, mix and stop whipping.
- Pour the meringue on the paper of the oven, respecting the diameter we draw.
- Leave a hole in the center, as if we were making a volcano.
- Enter the oven for 11/2 hour. Check that the meringue does not take color, if so lower the oven to 110 º C.
- Turn off the oven and let the pavlova cool down in the oven (approx. 4 hours).
- To prepare the filling beat the double cream and half-assembled add the amaretto and vanilla. Once very well assembled book in the fridge until the installation of the Pavlova.
- In a frying pan, caramelize the sugar with the lemon juice, add the nectarines cut into thick laminates and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add the Amaretto and quickly set aside. Let it cool down.
- When serving, fill the pavlova with the double cream and finish with the nectarine on the cream and the crumbled amaretti cookie.
- Pour the nectarine syrup over the cake and enjoy it!!!