I just published this delicious recipe from Preppy Kitchen, a cooking and pastry blog that I love, John the creator of this cooking blog works wonders, has very interesting recipes and this cake of virgin olive oil with dried blueberries is delicious so with your permission and doing it my way here I leave the recipe.
As you can see in the photo I decorate the cake with the mini yellow cherries that are exquisite!!
Enjoy it, it’s divine!
- 360 g flour
- 14g baking powder
- 295g sugar
- 225 ml virgin olive oil
- 240 ml sour cream
- 5 medium eggs
- 100g dried blueberries
- 100g chopped nuts
- 170 ml strained orange juice
- zest of 2 oranges
- 150 ml sugar glass
- 70 ml strained orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Toast the walnuts in the oven. Chop them up. Once they are fried, lightly flour them.
- Flour the dried cranberries and remove the excess flour with the help of a strainer. We pass them through flour so that during the cooking of the cake the nuts do not go to the bottom!!!
- On the one hand in an electric mixer whiten the eggs with sugar, orange zest until double its volume.
- Mix in a bowl the virgin olive oil, orange juice and sour cream ( I buy the sour cream in carrefour). Mix very well.
- Sift the flour and mix with salt and baking powder.
- Add the liquids to the rolled eggs, gradually without stopping beating and to finish gradually pour the flour,
- Pour the nuts into the dough and with the help of a spatula mix everything very well.
- Pour over the chosen mold ( previously greased) and bake for about 45 minutes ( check before removing from the oven that it is well done).
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
- Once the cake is cold, pour frosting, yellow mini cherries and flowers over it with affection.