Black rice is one of my favorite rices.
I leave you this recipe + video that is a delight !!!
Black rice with baby squid, asparagus and cherry tomatoes
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
To prepare the seafood broth
- 700 g shrimp shells, prawns, small lobsters ... very important to use the heads of the shellfish!
- 4 squid ink sachets
- 3 liters of water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 rolled mushrooms
- 40g tomato concentrate
To prepare the rice
- Paella of 40cm diameter
- 300g rice variety bomb
- 1,200 ml broth
- 8 green asparagus
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Italian green pepper
- 25 g minced iberian ham
- 4 crawfish
- 600g baby squid
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 grated tomato (the pulp)
- To prepare the seafood broth put a pot on the fire with a little oil. Add the minced garlic, lightly brown and add the shellfish heads and shells.
- Leave on the fire until they take on a nice golden color. At that time add the rolled mushrooms and sauté the whole for 5 minutes.
- Then add the concentrated tomato, parsley and cover with water (see video).
- When it starts to boil, remove all the foam (impurities) and leave on medium heat for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the garlic, the green pepper, the green asparagus, the Iberian ham and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- To finish the broth add 4 bags of squid ink and leave on the fire for 15 more minutes. Strain and reserve.
- Prepare the rice according to the instructions in the video.
- Do not forget the salt !!!
- As soon as the rice is boiled with the broth, taste it and put it to the point of salt.
- The first 10 minutes should boil over high heat and the remaining 10 minutes over low heat.
Catering Iria Castro https://www.iriacastro.com/