One of the best vegetable cakes I’ve ever had.
It is exquisite and with a very beautiful presentation. It is very easy to make and it keeps very well for 3 days in the fridge. I always serve it with a lemon and garlic gratin that goes great and white sesame on top.
Enjoy it, it is a very special recipe for me because it brings back so many memories !!
- 2 leeks, the white part
- 3 large carrots
- 750 g fresh spinach
- 100 g very minced Iberian ham
- 150 g flat beans
- Pinch of baking soda to cook the beans
- salt and white mill pepper
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml liquid cream at 32% m.g
- salt and white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- Clean and cook the vegetables according to the instructions in the video!
- Beat the eggs, add the cream and season.
- Grease the plum cake mold, place a baking sheet on the base and proceed to form layers with the vegetables (see video). At the end of the first layer pour a little of the cream of eggs and cream and continue with another layer of vegetables and so on until finished.
- Bake at 175ºC in a double boiler for 55min.
- Before removing from the oven, check that it is well cooked!
- Remove from the water bath and let cool for a minimum of 12 hours before serving.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cut the necessary portions.
- Arrange the garlic gratin on part of the cake (see video), sesame seeds and gratin at 190ºC for a few minutes, it is important to gratin and heat it !!
- Enjoy it, it's delicious !!!