Club 31 restaurant has been one of the most important restaurants in my professional career. I learned to work from below, peeling many potatoes and onions until I managed to manage all the kitchen games, the fish, cold room, meat, desserts …
Thank you Angel Paracuellos, head chef in those days for giving me the opportunity to learn by your side with so much demand and seriousness !!
I leave you the recipe for the coconut tiles that we made so much to serve with the rest of the coffee mignardises.
- 70 g butter
- 70 g super fine sugar
- 20 ml water
- a pinch of salt
- 45 g flour
- 70 g grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Mix the butter well at room temperature with the sugar and work lightly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let the mixture cool for about 1 hour.
- Form tiles on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 12 minutes.
- They should take a nice golden color!
- They keep very well for 2 days in an airtight box.
- The dough can be frozen!