Do you remember the recipe I prepared for the Baos?
With the same you can prepare some delicious noodles! Look at the picture, it’s an exquisite dish.
To prepare pork belly
- 1 kg of pork bacon, without the skin cut into pieces of 8cm x 4cm.
- Browning Flour
- Sesame oil
For the sauce
- 2 small onions
- 1 medium (grade of pungent) red chille without seeds and sliced
- 100 g peeled ginger and cut into large chunks
- 2 star Anis
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 c. C 5 Spices Powder
- 1 c. C Fennel seeds
- 50 ml light soy sauce
- 1.5 L Dark Meat Bottom
To finish the sauce
- 45 g very chopped ginger
- 1 chilli Red Medium hot
- Preheat the oven to 140 º C.
- Cut, season and flour the bacon.
- In a pot heat sesame oil. Add the bacon and brown it very well.
- Add the two chopped small onions, ginger, chilli, anise stars, garlic and spices. Leave to the fire 10 minutes and to finish add the soy sauce and cover with the dark bottom of meat.
- Place in the oven for 3 hours (if it is necessary to cover the meat with baking paper to prevent it from drying during cooking).
- Before removing the oven, make sure that the meat is very tender and if the cooking needs more broth, add it. (think that the liquid will reduce a little during the 3 hours...).
- Remove the meat from the oven and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Take the meat out of the sauce and put it in a small, clean casserole.
- Boil the sauce and add 1 C.S. of cornstarch dissolved in a little water.
- Let the sauce cook for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
- Strain and pour the sauce over the meat.
- Meanwhile boil in boiling water the 50 g of ginger and the red chilli for 4 minutes. Drain and go through cold water. Add to the sauce and mix. This oriental stew will be much richer 24 hours later
Catering Iria Castro https://www.iriacastro.com/