This is my salmorejo. Of all the recipes I have this is my favorite !!.
The texture, creaminess and flavor is wonderful, I would say that it is an exquisite tomato cream with a perfect point of vinegar.
Do not stop making it, follow the recipe step by step and you will see what a delicious dish.
- 750g ripe pear or branch tomatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 65g sherry vinegar
- 250 ml Arbequina virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic without the germ
- 70g bread of the day or hard
- 60g iberian ham
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 slice of German black bread
- Cook the eggs for 10 minutes with a pinch of salt. Cool, peel and cut into pieces like in the video.
- The first thing we have to do is blanch the tomatoes in boiling water with a cross-shaped incision in the skin. Blanch for 30 seconds, remove to a bowl with ice water (see video).
- Peel the tomatoes and chop them.
- Put the chopped eggs in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, the bread, a pinch of salt, the sherry vinegar, the minced garlic clove and 125 ml of virgin olive oil.
- Mix the whole very well (see video) and reserve in the fridge for 12 hours or overnight.
- The next day, crush everything and gradually add the rest of the virgin olive oil in a fine thread.
- Strain and add salt.
- Reserve in the fridge until cool very well.
- Grate the egg for the garnish, chop the Iberian ham and cut the German black bread into very small cubes.
- At the time of serving, accompany the salmorejo with the 3 garnishes.
- It is a plate 10 !!. Enjoy it.